How Can Droopy Eyelids be Restored?
Do you have sagging eyelids that make you appear more tired than you feel or older than you actually are? At Keamy Eye & Laser Centre in Westborough, MA, Dr. Jean Keamy offers effective treatments to restore the youthful and vibrant appearance of your eyes. Below, we will take a closer look at the options available for droopy eyelid restoration, including surgical blepharoplasty and nonsurgical eyelid rejuvenation.
What are my options for an eyelid lift?
Droopy eyelids, medically known as ptosis, can be effectively repaired and rejuvenated through the following treatments provided by Dr. Keamy:
- Surgical blepharoplasty: This procedure involves the precise removal of excess skin, fat, and muscle tissue to improve the appearance of droopy or saggy eyelids. Dr. Keamy's meticulous approach ensures natural-looking results and minimal scarring, allowing patients to enjoy a more refreshed and youthful eye appearance. Blepharoplasty surgery can be performed on the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both.
- Nonsurgical blepharoplasty: For those who prefer a noninvasive alternative or are unable to undergo surgery, Dr. Keamy also offers nonsurgical eyelid rejuvenation with the state-of-the-art Opus® Colibri system.
How does blepharoplasty work?
Blepharoplasty may be performed using either local or general anesthesia depending on the details of the case, the patient’s comfort level, and other factors, For an upper blepharoplasty, Dr. Keamy places an incision within the crease of the eyelid, allowing excess skin to be trimmed away. In lower blepharoplasty, the incision is placed along the lash line, and Dr. Keamy removes bulging lower eyelid fat and loose skin.
What are the benefits of blepharoplasty surgery?
A customized blepharoplasty in Westborough, MA offers a range of both functional and cosmetic enhancements, including:
- Improved eyesight: By removing hanging eyelid skin and correcting hooded eyes, blepharoplasty helps to open the line of sight and increase peripheral vision for many patients.
- Enhanced appearance: Heavy or wrinkled eyelids can give patients a tired, old, worn-down look. With blepharoplasty, you can achieve a more awake and alert appearance, making you appear more refreshed and vibrant.
- Smoothes out wrinkled skin: The procedure effectively reduces sagging and drooping skin tissue in the lower and upper eyelids, creating a smoother and more defined eyelid contour.
- Address bags under the eyes: Blepharoplasty can also reduce puffiness below the eyes, creating a more rested and rejuvenated appearance in the eye area.
- Enhanced eye shape and appearance: Droopy eyelid treatment can improve the shape and appearance of your eyes, enhancing their natural beauty and symmetry.
- Increased comfort: Removing friction from skin folds caused by droopy eyelids can decrease discomfort, enhancing overall comfort and relieving any irritation or rubbing sensation.
How long is recovery after blepharoplasty surgery?
Most patients are able to return to light work and household activities about one week after eyelid lift surgery. Exercise, strenuous activities, swimming, and other routines will be restricted for several weeks. During your initial consultation for blepharoplasty, Dr. Keamy will discuss blepharoplasty recovery expectations in greater detail to ensure you are prepared for your procedure and healing.
Revive your look with blepharoplasty in Westborough, MA
If you are ready to rid yourself of droopy eyelid skin and regain a refreshed and youthful appearance, call Keamy Eye & Laser Centre in Westborough, MA to schedule your blepharoplasty consultation with Dr. Jean Keamy today. With both surgical and nonsurgical blepharoplasty options available, Dr. Keamy can create a customized treatment plan to address your specific needs and goals and help you achieve a look you’ll love.